The KickStarter iOS app is pretty awesome. In particular, I like the bounce/zoom effect they have when you pull down on a UITableView. Turns out, it’s pretty easy to replicate. Since UITableView inherits from UIScrollView, we can simply implement the scrollViewDidScroll delegate method and detect when a scroll happens. From there, we just scale the [...]
I liked some of the details in Twitter’s Vine iOS app so I set out to make some of them. I thought the pull to refresh animation was pretty cool so I started with that. You can view the code on my github page. This is still a rough proof of concept version. https://github.com/lostincode/UIVinePullToRefresh
In this two part tutorial we will cover creating a simple iOS5 app using storyboards that enables users to log in to your app by calling a PHP page to authenticate. We’ll also discuss techniques used to keep log in state using NSUserDefaults and NSNotificationCenter to notify other view controllers about our state. The goal [...]
If you’re building an app that supports portrait and landscape you will probably run into an issue with keeping things centered after device rotation. Below is a quick example of adding a UILabel to a UITableView’s footer and keeping it centered regardless of device rotation. The trick is to use autoresizingMask which does all the [...]
While looking for a easy solution to load uitableview images remotely, I came across a great library called SDWebImage. It’s very simple to use and provides a lot of flexibility for loading and caching images in your iOS project. As I started to use it, I ran into a issue when loading inconsistant thumbnail image [...]
Over the past couple weeks I’ve shifted to developing more and more for iOS devices. The plan is to share what I learn as I go. The first tutorial i’m working on is creating a “log in” view for your app, along with explaining how to use delegates to notify your application of the results. [...]
Follow @lostincode on Twitter
- JQuery sort() February 11, 2009
- SDWebImage fixed width cell images November 20, 2011
- Error calling method on NPObject! February 12, 2009
- PHP5 Email Validation February 10, 2009
- Getting Upcoming Birthdays From MySQL March 31, 2009
- Creating the bouncy/zoom image effect in the KickStarter iOS app April 25, 2013
- Creating a pull to refresh animation like the popular Vine iOS app April 21, 2013
- Creating a log in view controller for your app in iOS5 with a PHP backend (1/2) May 31, 2012
- Lighttpd – url rewrite and query string QSA May 20, 2012
- PHP: Handle comma separated input February 21, 2012
- someone: Select Objective-c Class and give it a name of Log...
- Menashe Ungar: Apple will reject your app if you request an email...
- someoneinneed: this could be perfect...can you please make a part...
- Sankaet Pathak: https://github.com/rs/SDWebImage/wiki/How-is-SDWeb...
- Su Samples: Wild Tangent Games. I have had problems with my c...